Volunteering and want company & help?
Are you walking in a fundraiser for a cause and want others to join you to form a CWC team or support you financially in that effort? Are you volunteering your time in some other way and want company?
We will join you, support you and help you find others to do the same. All we need is some information about your activity so our Volunteer Coordination Team and Communications Team can help get the word out. We will add the activity to our neighborhood calendars, put it on the CWC website calendar, have sign-up sheets at our activities, advertise it in the CWC Newsletter and in the Pipeline. We may even be able to get the event in the Charlotte Observer South Charlotte section.
A few of our current Moments of Service organizations include:
Second Harvest Food Bank
Ronald McDonald House
Sterling Math & Science Foundation
What you have to do to get this help
- Complete the Activity Information Form so we can distribute it to all of the sources of help and read the What You Need to Know sheet attached.
- Manage your activity. You need to organize it, help with the publicity by being present to talk about the event, coordinate the volunteer activity and provide information on results achieved after the event. We do not have the manpower to do this part for you. We can just help you to be more successful.
- Contact Abbie Volpini and Barbara Roti for more information and to get your questions answered.
Below are just a few of the times we joined other neighbors and friends to support their charities. It is so easy together.
2015 Activities are underway now
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
OCTOBER 18, 2014
Third year we have walked
Once again CWC had 18 women walk and run in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer race. We raised $2.500.
The Carolina Women’s Club team raised $2,445!
More than 20 ladies walked or ran in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides for Breast Cancer event in Uptown Charlotte held Oct. 20, 2012. CWC member Bessie Vann did a fantastic job as team leader. CWC member Stacie Salisbury placed second in her age group in the 5K run (You’ll have to ask Stacie which age group she’s in. 😉 ).
2013 – We added two new Walks/Runs to our list to support our neighbors and friends with their charities.
- Pink House Skirtchaser Race in June 2013 – Not only dod we get exercise but we also had volunteers helping all of the other participants on this day.
- Yellow Brick Road Race for Charlotte Family Housing on April 6, 2014 – We had 7 people join friends for this race and raised $760 for another organization that helps women and families transition to independence.
- Isabella Santos 5K for Kids Cancer in September 2013 – We joined Christina Beckmann’s family and others to walk for this great cause.
We all need the exercise, we are with friends and we are doing it for a good cause. HOW EASY IS THIS!
In 2013 The Charlotte Rescue put out a call for turkeys for Thanksgiving. One of us bought a turkey and saw a friend in Harris Teeter and mentioned it. Next thing you know we were able to deliver 25 turkeys and $212 to the Mission and on the day before Thanksgiving delivered a dozen homemade desserts. My granddaughters loved being able to deliver the desserts!
In 2014 the same team managed to collect enough to feed over 300 people two meals at The Center of Hope, the Salvation Army Homeless Shelter for women and children.
Come join us or get us to join you. What can we do together?